November is National Adoption Month!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's National Adoption Month!

This November, let's give thanks by helping to find families for children!

There are estimated over 143 million orphans worldwide.

143 million.

For obvious reasons, this month of awareness is near and dear to my heart.

I was once one of those orphans. 



My two girls were once orphans.



Now, with my husband and son, we are a family.



Last year, I thought it would be great to celebrate this month by creating a video showing the faces of those touched by adoption...this year, I made another with many of the same families and kids and boy what a difference a year has made! 

And what a joy it is to know that these beautiful children have found their forever families!

Little did we know that this year, we would have another face to add!


While I am fully aware that not every family or couple is in a position to adopt, or even considering adoption, there is still so much that can be done to help the cause of orphans.

If only one person reads this post, and decides there is more they could be doing, then I feel I have made a difference.  Be it fundraising, donating, or even beginning their own adoption journey, it is these seemingly small things that make a difference in the world. 

You may be wondering how we could possibly make a dent in the 143 million...

well, let's do it one child at a time...

my sister and I found our family...

my two daughters found theirs...

And while I feel our family is now complete (let's get Hui-a home!) I will continue to do what I can...

Hopefully, we will be traveling to Korea sometime next spring.

Right now, there is a great need at our agency for Aveeno baby lotion and Gerber Puffs, items either too pricey or not available in Korea.

We plan to take a boat load of donations and are starting to collect now.

You can email me via the contact tab on the right side column and have the donations sent from amazon.com directly to my house.

If you're friends with me on facebook, you'll notice my profile pic has changed...and it will stay that way all November long...






I created this badge to honor National Adoption Month and spread awareness of the great need of the millions of orphans around the world. 

Feel free to copy to your desktop and make it your new facebook profile pic, add it to your blogs, and share the video!

My family has been touched by adoption...will yours be?

0 comments:

Post a Comment


So Alive template for blogger by Dualillusions.com